"One Love......One Heart"

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Random facts about Ryan....

~He was born on March 17, 1994 @ 10:45pm.
~The umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck 2x, so they had to reach inside to cut it as he was in major distress.  He was purple/blue when born and immediately put on oxygen.  I always felt he was my "Miracle Baby" .......I still feel this way.
~He was a quiet, peaceful baby.
~He was a happy toddler, always smiling.
~He use to call Kaitie, "My Kaitie baby".
~He loved scrambled eggs for breakfast when he was small.  Had to have them every day!
~He always told me he would live with me forever.
~He loved playing by himself when he was little.
~He went camping for the first time at 3 months old.
~My dad use to call him "the camper."
~He always loved the outdoors.
~One time driving over St Helena Mountain, he stuck his head out the window and said, "Nature always makes me feel better."
~His brother, Sean, was always his hero.
~He loved all of his brothers and sisters.
~He loved family vacations.
~He loved to fly places in airplanes, but felt nervous, so always carried his bible on every trip we took.
~He always loved going to Disneyland.  We have taken many trips there.  As he got older, he would take off with his older siblings while we were there, and really loved that.
~He loved his bed because I put two memory foam pads on it for him.
~He loved his bedroom, and even helped Russ a bit in building it.
~He fell in love with Hawaii when I took the kids in 2008.  He always wanted to go back.  We were planning to do that again next year.
~He loved swimming with the dolphins in Hawaii.
~He ate 2 pizza hot pockets every night before he went to bed.  Sometimes he would add a ChimiChanga.
~He ate a ham and cheese hot pocket for breakfast...loved it with a little OJ.
~He loved Steak and Baked Potatoes.
~He was very humble.
~He was very intelligent.
~He did not think he was anything special...just another person doing the best they could do.
~He did not judge people....he accepted everyone for who they were.
~He honestly loved all his friends unconditionally.
~He was a "mama's boy" and proud of it.  I was proud of it too.
~He could not stand it if I was crying...it would often make him cry too.
~He talked to me about everything, even the hard stuff.
~He use to tell me, and I use to tell him,  that he and I were alike in many ways and that's why we "got" each other.
~His little sister, Breanna, could make him smile when he was in his worst moods.
~He loved basketball...it was his passion and he was gifted on the court.
~He loved watching ESPN.
~He played one year of Football as a sophmore, and was moved to the Varisty team during the year.
~He loved watching the Wizard of Oz....he never outgrew it and would always let me know when it was on.
~He loved Christmas and the way the house looked and felt.
~He loved the Christmas Lights and outside decorations.  He would always tell me if I needed to add something to make it better.  Two years ago he said it was perfect.  I have never changed it since.
~He believed in God.
~He highlighted passages in his bible....all having to do with not judging others, not critisizing others, loving your enemies, and loving everyone the way we are told to love.  He lived out each and every passage he highlighted.
~He was carefree at times.
~He was a perfectionist.
~He would only let me cut his hair...he said I did it better then any place he could go.
~His spirit was gentle, tender, and giving.
~His heart was open, generous, nurturing, accepting, and completely loving.
~He knew how proud I was of him.
~He was my baby, my little boy, my Ryan....and he knew how much I loved him.

3 comments:

  1. Ryan is pretty Awesome, Glenda. Although Kyleigh is only 2- they like a lot of the same things... Kyleigh has scrambled eggs for breakfast every morning too! Now I will think of Ryan at breakfast each day. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful....i am moved to tears...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i went to highschool with ryan... i didnt know him well, but something about tonight reminded me of him... I have to say, your' experience brings tears to my eyes. Im very sorry for your loss Glenda, I wish i had known him better.
    Have his two siblings gone sky diving yet? :)

    ReplyDelete