"One Love......One Heart"

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Blessings of Ryan....

     Ryan has been a blessing to me from the moment he was conceived.  Throughout my pregnancy, I knew the child within me was a gift.  A gift I was so grateful for.  A gift given to me from God...and taken away, too soon, by the very One who gave him to me.  As I try to make sense of this, or at least find a little sense of peace, I am reminded of the blessings he brought into my life, as well as the lives of all who loved him.
     Ryan was always a gentle spirit.  His heart was tender and giving from the moment he knew how to share it.  He did not like conflict with anyone, and withdrew at its very presence.  As he got older, when conflict surrounded him, he tried to calm the waters.  If he couldn't find the peace he desired, he walked away from the situation.  He believed in peace between people...in unity.  He believed in reaching out to all he knew and loved, as well as reaching out to those he had never met before.  He believed we should all love each other unconditionally, and did not believe in passing judgement on others.  He knew that was not his job, or the job of any other person.  He lived what he believed, and knew to be right. At his young age, he KNEW what loving another person really meant.  He understood what God meant when He said to love each other...he really understood.
     In Ryan's young death, I am left so empty.  Yet I am also amazed at the power one young life has had on hundreds of people.  As I think of him, I wonder if perhaps his early death wasn't some sort of sacrifice on his part....some understanding he had with God... to better the hearts and souls of those he loved, and who loved him.  Perhaps if he were still here, we wouldn't be hearing and seeing the message of love we are all receiving now?  This does not take away the ache in my heart, but it does help me see that God has a plan...even if His plan has left me broken.
     I pray that all who loved Ryan will keep their hearts and eyes open, so that they will always listen and see....Listen to the message of love he showed us in his short life, and always See the Blessings of Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment