"One Love......One Heart"

Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Gift of Friends....

     I am at my "Place of Peace" trying to find some healing after the anniversary of Ryan's Death...the one place I feel like I can really breathe.  The wind is fierce tonight, which creates powerful waves...exactly what I needed.  The sound is healing to my soul, and I am so grateful for this time here.
     Tonight I was fortunate enough to be able to spend some time with a very close friend of mine, and her incredibly sweet husband.  They happened to be here at the same time I was coming.  My time here is usually spent alone, for many reasons, but sharing my special time and place with someone so close to my heart, seemed so very right...and I am so grateful we did it!
     On this journey I have been forced to take, there is little that really brings me comfort.  Nothing seems to be able to take away the pain, or ease the brokenness within.  But there are things which help me endure the loneliness along the way.  A good friend is one of those things.  Someone who listens, and as they listen, with every sparkle in their eyes you can see the love and compassion shining from their soul.  Someone who cries with you, laughs with you, and somehow seems to feel your hurt...even though you both know it's impossible.  Someone who is not afraid to speak your child's name, and also seems to know how important it is for you to hear.  Someone who also listens with genuine interest and unconditional love every time you speak his name.  Someone who always asks how you are doing, as well as the rest of your family, because they seem to know that even though time has passed, the pain has not.  Someone who encourages your every step, and celebrates every small victory as you try to move forward.  Someone who gives you a safe place to fall. Someone who loves you enough to really show it.
     I am grateful for such friends in my life.  I don't know if they even understand the importance they play in my life.  Do they know how much they lift and carry me during my saddest moments?  Do they understand how they gently bring light into my darkness? They may not know my pain, or what it's like to lose a child, but they know me.  They know my heart.  They hear my words, and they understand my silence.  They are my friends...and they are a gift in my life.  They help me take One small step at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment